Pages

Subscribe:

Subscribe Via Email (Do Not Edit Here!)

Friday 22 February 2013

Lukaku targeting Europe with West Brom

West Brom striker Romelu Lukaku has insisted that European football is a realistic target for the club this season.

The on-loan Chelsea youngster has hit 10 league goals since moving to the Hawthorns over the summer, helping the Baggies enjoy their best ever Premier League season to this point.

And, whilst the former Anderlecht striker admits that results have exceeded his expectations, he believes Steve Clarke's side can continue to excel and even reach Europe.

'This year has been wonderful,' Lukaku told the Daily Star. 'When I joined, I wasn’t sure we would be this high in the league, but after three games I knew we were capable and I knew it was going to be good for me.

'Europe is still a target, especially for me. That’s the next step for me and I think it is the next step for the club.

'You have to take things one step at a time but if the club gets stronger for next year, then why not.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment